“10 Judgements that changed India” – Book Review
Our Judiciary is one of the most important body of our country.
Throughout these years after we got independence, this system has tried its best to deliver justice through many landmark judgements.
Don’t want to read the whole article?? Watch this short video..!!
Out of which, some judgements have been included in this book, and well articulated by Zia Mody.
Zia Mody is a corporate attorney & co-founder of AZB & Partners. She is also the daughter of re-known Advocate Mr. Soli Sorabjee.
As the name suggests this book has explained TEN crucial judgements of Indian Judicial history.
But there are so many important judgements, which one’s did occupy space in this book?? Let’s have a look.
- Kesavananda Bharati v. State of Kerala
- Maneka Gandhi v. Union of India
- Mohammed Ahmed Khan v. Shah Bano Begum
- Olga Tellis v. Bombay Municipal Corporation
- Union Carbide Corporation v. Union of India
- Indra Sawhney v. Union of India
- Nilabati Behera v. State of Orissa
- Supreme Court Advocates-on-Record Association v. Union of India
- Vishaka v. State of Rajasthan
- Aruna Ramachandra Shanbaug v. Union of India
And it’s not like the author has just copy pasted the judgement in the book & wrote her opinion regarding it. She has added many other things like,
- Other cases related to that one judgement.
- Relevant legislations.
- Opinions of known jurists.
- Political & Social Scenarios which existed at that time during the case while going on in the case.
Want to read the book?? Click the below image to buy it.